Cooking With Clarabelle
Featuring "Bethy Beef Kabobs"
So before we begin with the recipe...
let's explain the recipe name.
The following marinade is a little gem I made up last week.
This week it got it's name.
Bethy is our dear friend, who due to an infection, called for a ride to the hospital this afternoon for her IV.
Not to worry, everyone, she is one brave lady and is pretty much/almost recovered now. Anyways, the doctor told her to come back in two hours.
So, she came over and we feasted;
Hence,
They are DELICOUS.
And before we carry on any longer, can I just mention the funniest, I mean laugh out loud, event that happened today?
We stopped by Walmart this evening. As we were walking by a few TEN year old boys, they timidly said hello. I said hi back and as we walked by they yelled back,
"Hey, lookin' good!"
Hit on by a ten year old.
Whoop. whoop.
On our way out, our boyfriends were waiting for us, smiling and waving; at least until their dad came out from shopping.
Okay, okay...Bethy Beef Kabobs!
As I was saying....delcious!!
1 1/2 pounds of Sirloin Steak
(or whatever steak you enjoy most)
1/2 cup soya sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp crushed garlic
Kabob skewers
Large plastic baggy
Cut steaks into bite-sized cubed. Put in large baggy and set aside. Then pour soya sauce in a bowl with brown sugar. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Then add sesame seeds, ginger and garlic. Mix well. Pour marinade in baggy. Make sure all steak is covered with marinade. Close baggy and put in fridge for at least an hour.
Turn barbecue on low heat. Cut up onions, peppers and mushrooms into bit sized pieces. Then put all this deliciousness on skewers, barbecue until meat is desired tenderness.
Serve with rice.
So good.
So summer-y.
Lookin' goooooooood.






No comments:
Post a Comment