Sunday, September 23, 2012

Flower Child at Heart.

When I was a very little girl, 
I went to Disneyland with my family.
I wore a Minnie Mouse fanny pack the whole week.
And I was not interested in any rides.
Not one.
Know why?
I spent my Disney days filling my little fanny pack with flowers.
(I'd climb over the rail, picking to my heart's content).
Needless to say, 
flowers from those gorgeous Disney gardens 
were in our Disney hotel room 
every night after the fireworks.
Skip like 19 years and here I am in Idaho. 
I walk through the gorgeous campus gardens everyday.
(It's almost Autumn and soon they will be pulled anyway...)
And...
 I pick at least one flower each day on my way home.
Today after Church my room mates and I decided we'd pick flowers for our apartment.
It's Sunday. Meaning no security guards.
And picking flowers is just a good Sunday thing to do!
As we left the garden, 
we were seen by one of those security men.
Really!
We tried to pretend we were chatting.
We walked away discretely.
And then he went around the block 3 times...
Until calling out from his window, 
"Sneaky ladies..."
In a little sing-songy voice!
It reminds me of my Disneyland days.
One of those Disney workers did approach me back then.
But, it didn't faze me.
I continued to fill my fanny pack.
..Once a flower child, always a flower child.

2 comments:

  1. I will always miss the seasonal flowers around BYU. So pretty!

    Also, if you haven't taken floral design...I think it was the funnest class I have ever taken.

    ReplyDelete