BYU-Idaho
...was wonderful yesterday.
Dear Sarah and I sang at Devotional.
In the brand new BYU-Idaho Centre
that I wish every person could come to!
And just be there.
It feels great.
I must say, I was a bit more nervous than usual just because in the new centre everyone, the entire student body, can attend Tuesday's Devotional. We heard from a man who is from Belgium. He talked about being a seeker of true happiness and hoping for a "happy new year" with all your heart. It was a beautiful talk and we as a choir got to sit behind, gazing at the student body of this special school.
When we started to sing, the lights blazed on us. We smiled. And saw all the people! Sarah reached over to hold my hand. And we began.
My Shepherd will supply my need:
Jehovah is His Name;
In pastures fresh He makes me feed,
Beside the living stream.
He brings my wandering spirit back
When I forsake His ways,
And leads me, for His mercy's sake,
In paths of truth and grace.
When I walk through the shades of death,
Thy presence is my stay;
A word of Thy supporting breath
Drives all my fears away.
Thy hand, in sight of all my foes,
Doth still my table spread;
My cup with blessings overflows,
Thine oil anoints my head.
The sure provisions of my God
Attend me all my days;
O may Thy house be my abode,
And all my work be praise!
There would I find a settled rest,
While others go and come;
No more a stranger, nor a guest,
But like a child at home.
(a hymn by Isaac Watts, whose grave we visited in London)
(a hymn by Isaac Watts, whose grave we visited in London)
It was a wonderful feeling. I love love love singing in choir because of the unity that is felt through it. In practice, I had the special experience of feeling as if each of our testimonies was gracefully being given to our director as we practiced. I worried this wouldn't happen in the great, big centre.
But it did.
Our testimonies were ever so gently given to that great audience. I felt so strongly in my heart that one day I'll meet my Heavenly Father again and that I am His daughter.
"No more a stranger, nor a guest.
But like a child at home."
Josie, I love your blog. More importantly, I love you and how great of a friend you are to my sister. It's hard for me to be away from her at such an important part of her life, and it brings me comfort to know that she has other sisters like you that watch out for her. :) Thanks for being such a good friend to her!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I LOVE that painting! Why am I not surprised that you can paint?