Meredith and I attended the Annual Bridal Show last weekend. I say "Annual" because Meredith and I always go together. This year there was an entire table of flowers and wire for us to make our very own corsages. We could have stayed there for hours!
It was an absolutely lovely display, with even more wonderful company!
This afternoon I wrote in my journal. All day. Catching up for many weeks! When I was done I was flipping through the pages and I saw a common theme,
I am so grateful for Meredith.
It was phrased in many different ways in serious, funny and even adventurous
contexts, but! They all carried the same message.
Although I attended high school in Canada, and Meredith attended in Florida:
We both wore the same pair of sparkly shoes.
While I was student council-ing and Meredith was soccer-ing:
We both wore bows made of ribbons on the top of our heads.
When we graduated: Instead of wearing the suggested black shoes,
I wore purple ones and Meredith wore pink.
____________________________________
Have you ever wondered how two best friends find each other is this
big, wide world?
I hope this subject doesn't worry you-but rather greatly excite you!The most wonderful thing is it can happen anywhere, at anytime!
In Idaho in a dorm room, perhaps!
When I think of it this way, its strange to me, because it feels as if I have always known this dear friend of mine.
Always and forever.
And in fact, I think in some sort of special way, I really do think:
I always have.



You can tell a lot a bout' a person by the shoes that they wear!
ReplyDeleteIt is so wonderful when this happens!! Treasure it! One of my favorite quotes is "friendship is the discovery of ourselves in each other"... You are talking deeper than that even! But it's happened to me many times when I known that I've known them for a very long time. . .: ). Love you SP!
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's just meant to be. I met my bestfriend Tracy in Kindergarten. She wasn't my bestfriend then but who would have thought that she would become the one person other than my spouse that I want to tell everything to.
ReplyDeleteMy family moved out of the city when I was eight and I started school in a small country school. 1 year later, and who would appear at my new school but none other than Tracy! You couldn't pull us apart after that. We were just meant to be friends.
Now that I live in a different city it's harder to keep in touch but she is forever in my heart.
Robyn Hall
I wanna have your Post give away JoJo!
ReplyDeleteHung hung x10
This is probably the most adorable blog I've ever seen! You're so cute and obviously enjoying life :) Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteIt is so amazing how much much our friends can make a difference in our lives. There are those we meet once in a while that we feel like we have known forever...and maybe we have!
ReplyDeleteI love Josie :)
Kimberly Buno