Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This weekend, I became 
a mother of three 
in just a few short hours. My aunt and uncle went on a lovely adventure together to my uncle Jerry's graduation and I volunteered to be mother. Don't get me wrong it was fun and very cute many a time,
but I never, ever, ever 
(or at least as my 20 year old self)
 want to become a permanent mother of three without at least nine months of warning per each! 
I was one tired girl. And I even had  people helping me for the most part!!

I wrote down some of the funny things that I heard as we drove to birthday parties, soccer, took temperatures, ate fondue for lunch, home-worked and other activities...
_______________________________________________

"You have your drivers license!? You're not even a parent yet!"
_______________________________________________

"How to be happy: toys, more toys. friendship, more friendship."
_______________________________________________

"You're not a very good mother. Our mother is much better for us. Well, I mean, 
I guess you're okay."
_______________________________________________

"Life lessons from Ellie: phone a friend, plan a party, play dolls, visit your favourite cousins and play princess."
_______________________________________________

"You're the best babysitter and the worst babysitter. Why? Because you 
tied my shoes three times. 
And because I just don't like you very much."
_______________________________________________

"You're a crazy driver. Hey, I'm the police and I think you have a ticket. $150, please! And I hope you're not crazy again like you were when you dropped us off at the movie theatre birthday party and left us there."
_______________________________________________

"Oh, your tummy hurts? Well, you know, it's just butterflies. Once you go dress shopping with me you'll feel much better. Shopping makes you forget about the butterflies and you'll feel just great!"
_______________________________________________

"My favourite songs are like this: You spin me right round, right round...then when I get older I will be stronger they'll call me freedom...Oh! And then Tonight's gonna be a good night. Yeah, I like the one 
the most, I think."

(Each one of these delights were sang in full power on the way to soccer.)
_______________________________________________

"Did you know Monarch Butterflies fly to Mexico in the Winter and remember how to get back in the summer to Canada?"

"Yeah. That doesn't surprise me. Butterflies know everything. They even know that you're going to grow up, get a boyfriend and 
all of a sudden 
be married! But they never tell their secrets. So, don't bother asking them about details."
_______________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Kids can be so blunt and not tactful with their words sometimes haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! Man those kids are so funny, and I can imagine Elliana telling you not to both about asking butterflies to tell their secrets. How funny. You will be a fabulous mother of 3 someday! :)

    ReplyDelete