![]() |
| Mama on her birthday in Nauvoo, Illinois last year. |
Let's Celebrate.
My Mama.
And her bursting,
wonderful heart.
I remember...
Last summer at the beach when she taught me how to play my yellow Ukulele. She got all of her music out from her BYU-Hawaii days and tried to help me loosen up.
When she let me paint thousands on times on her beautiful wooden dining room table.
When I was 4 and Clarabelle was born, I'd rock my dolls beside her as she rocked the new baby to sleep. Our dog Puff would be there, too.
When she buys me Pink Lady apples each time I come home.
I remember winter mornings when she'd come and lay beside me in my warm bed to wake me up.
Or when we'd go through my mounds of clothes together and then watch Hoarders on TV.
I remember her tying up my skates when I was a little girl on those green benches at the arena.
When I went to Australia when I was 12 and she wrote me countless letters while I was gone for only a month.
I remember her cute little notes she'd tuck away here and there throughout the corners of my life.
Or when I found out she had peeked through the doorway as I taught my very first lesson in a classroom.
Or when I'd call her from Idaho and talk and talk to her about everything before I arrived to my next class. She listened.
There's no one quite like her! And I love her.
Happiest of all Happy Birthdays.

oh, and when she wakes you up for hours and drives flats over to beaver Brae at 9:30 and she warned you to bring extra shoes, not just high heels at 8:45 when you left, and on and on...she does EVERYTHING!
ReplyDeletewhat a great mom! That's really sweet Jos!
ReplyDeleteThis is so lovely Josie. Mothers are such a blessing! I hope you and your family had fun in Illinois. And I hope your mother had a FABULOUS birthday!
ReplyDelete