We are traveling home from the lovely land of guatemala. People watching in the airport is far less entertaining then ever before...all the clothing seems so monotone! And there are maybe 2 girls in this airport wearing dresses. Sad day.
People in Guatemala just radiated! Naturally beautiful.
A Guatemalan man named Leo told me:
"The people here have nothing. And they are happy. They know the rain will come and the corn will grow and they are happy."
I just love that. I know that type of simple happiness can be found here and it is contagious once it begins. Wouldn't that be a refreshing way to live and feel each day? These are a few things that I believe may help...
1. Slow down. Why rush?
2. Smile, it's the best way to improve your appearance!
3. Wear bright colours-colours that you feel wonderful in.
4. Remember that no act of kindness no matter how small is never ever wasted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet Memories
-
▼
2011
(65)
-
▼
May
(7)
- Mama on her birthday in Nauvoo, Illinois last ye...
- "Well! Here am I as your radio girl! It's a lovel...
- Love is something if you give it away, Give it awa...
- If you were to eat in the woods on a Sunday-Mothe...
- We are traveling home from the lovely land of guat...
- We are staying literally in the jungle. Outside th...
- Guatemala is beautiful!! The people we have met a...
-
▼
May
(7)
i am smiling now!
ReplyDeleteLove this advice. So glad you had such a delightful time in Guatemala. I think I will wear a very colorful dress tomorrow :)
ReplyDelete