Monday, May 9, 2011

If you were to eat in the woods on a Sunday-Mother's Day-Evening, 
what would you perhaps enjoy?


Grandma's Backyard Restaurant Menu
(Decorated with lined rocks)

To begin, "extreme soup" with scales from a mermaids fin.
Followed by potatoes, gravy, broccoli and cheese sauce with magical fairy mushrooms from the tall tree.
For dessert, we have a decadent "chocolate cake with icing."
All meals are served with either juice or tea.
All guests will be given a leaf for a napkin. 
They will also be given pretty rocks to take home. 

The Chef at work.
Her masterpiece meal.
A close-up of the main course. 
Pretty rocks to bring home.
Hand washed by the Chef.

The mushroom tree.

Decorations.

A Zebra rock.

And on that note...how wonderful it is and has been for me to have such a magical place at my Grandmother's house! Thank goodness for Grandmothers and Mothers and other influential women who 
encourage play and creativity! I grew up in so many magical environments with so many magical, influential women. I grew up recognizing the great good woman can do and people can do.
Happy Mother's Day! 
And thank you for the lovely memories.

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute! I especially love the mermaids scales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how scrumptious! Wish I could have had some of the cheese sauce with the magical fairy mushrooms. Love.

    ReplyDelete