I am simply delighted to swap blogs for the day with Meredith-who just so happens to be one of my dearest friends in this whole world. I feel so blessed to have met her years ago in Idaho-a very seemingly unlikely place for a Floridian and Canadian to come together, buy nightgowns together, laugh together and grow together.
You can find me over here today at her fabulous blog!
****
First of all, can I just say how excited I am to be here at Josie's, Just Delightful blog today!! I am Meredith and I blog over at All Dressed Up about personal style. Me and Josie were room mates in college and I love Josie to pieces. She has taught me so much about style. That girl has got it going on and I could go on forever about how classy and fabulous she is!

If I could re-live my favorite summer memory… My favorite summer memory would have to be going running with my mom ever day at 6:00 a.m. Oh what, you think I’m crazy now for waking up that early? Yeah me too, but honestly those are some of my favorite memories I have of the summer. Running with my Mom before the sun was rising through the tropical woods of Florida. We had so much fun just talking for the hour we ran and then stripping down to our sports bras and panties and jumping into our pool in the back yard (don't worry it was private). My mother would probably kill me if she knew I was telling the cyber world about her jumping in the pool in our underwears...so do me a favor- if for some crazy reason you know who I am already and you know my Mom- please do not ever bring this up!! :)
Why did you decide to start blogging? What do you blog about? I started blogging because of a web design class I took in college. My class ended, but my blog didn’t. I loved what I was doing!! I blog about personal style, the occasional recipe, and other lovely things.
What is your Go-To outfit? My go to outfit consists of a high waisted skirt, high heels, a skinny belt, and to top it off a watch!
How would you describe your personal style? I would describe my style as being very girly. I love broaches, big jewelry, high waisted anything, skirts, dresses, bows. Just about anything with the word Audrey Hepburn or Coco Chanel in the outfit label becomes infinitely more appealing to me. I would say I am a classy dresser with a bit of spunk.

If I could re-live my favorite summer memory… My favorite summer memory would have to be going running with my mom ever day at 6:00 a.m. Oh what, you think I’m crazy now for waking up that early? Yeah me too, but honestly those are some of my favorite memories I have of the summer. Running with my Mom before the sun was rising through the tropical woods of Florida. We had so much fun just talking for the hour we ran and then stripping down to our sports bras and panties and jumping into our pool in the back yard (don't worry it was private). My mother would probably kill me if she knew I was telling the cyber world about her jumping in the pool in our underwears...so do me a favor- if for some crazy reason you know who I am already and you know my Mom- please do not ever bring this up!! :)
Why did you decide to start blogging? What do you blog about? I started blogging because of a web design class I took in college. My class ended, but my blog didn’t. I loved what I was doing!! I blog about personal style, the occasional recipe, and other lovely things.
What is your Go-To outfit? My go to outfit consists of a high waisted skirt, high heels, a skinny belt, and to top it off a watch!
How would you describe your personal style? I would describe my style as being very girly. I love broaches, big jewelry, high waisted anything, skirts, dresses, bows. Just about anything with the word Audrey Hepburn or Coco Chanel in the outfit label becomes infinitely more appealing to me. I would say I am a classy dresser with a bit of spunk.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
My most embarrassing moment involves clothes…or the lack there of. I was about 12, maybe 13 years old at the time (I still remember this so vividly) and I wore one of those wrap around tie skirts to church. Well it just so happens that as I was walking the tie came undone without me noticing and my skirt fell to the floor- at which point, I definitely noticed and so did the old man sitting on a bench in the hallway. Mortified, I ran into the bathroom, which was conveniently very close by- realizing only after I got there that I had left my skirt on the floor. Oh yeah, and my little sister who was four at the time picked it up and ran away with it. My little sister gave the skirt to my Mother who was then very confused as to why my sister had my skirt and wondered what the heck I was wearing. Luckily I had a friend who was with me when the ‘tragic’ event happened and she was able to retrieve the skirt and then my Mother helped to console me. What tragic teenage years. We all go through them! I would love to hear some of your embarrassing stories!
Outfit Details: Dress: Fossil, Shoes: Ross, Belt: Forever21, Earring: Panache (boutique), Watch: Francescas, Lipstick Broach: Gift from Josie (It came pinned to a Canadian nightgown that I love!)
Favorite quote I have heard this summer:
“When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead.” –Earnest Hemmingway
I think it is especially true during the summer time! What a great reminder to get up and go do something fun!
Thanks for spending a few minutes of your time reading up on me. I’d love to see you over at All Dressed Up. I love making blogging friends and I want to know what makes your summer so fabulous!
***
Merci Beaucoup, to dear Meredith! You are a gem and so is that timeless lipstick broach. Coco would be proud.

So cute, I love the yellow and red combo.
ReplyDelete