And Miss. Josie was very much in.
And so was her large pink hat, polka dot romper and glasses.
On my way down, I managed to gracefully hit the entire right side of my body on the dock. First, the side of my nose followed by my shoulder, chest, elbow, wrist as it was bend backwards, hip and foot.
Apparently, as I heard from many, from shore, it looked as if a very young boy had super human strength as he pulled a lovely lady into the wavy water.
All I could think to do was laugh.
All I could think to do was laugh.
Today, after a night's rest, Miss. Josie is sure feeling it.
Ibuprofen galore.
I may have aged about 60 years from the first day of camp compared to the second.
Today, as the campers arrived, I found a large green apple on the table. I asked, "Who brought this?" A little brown-eyed girl replied, "It's for you because you're my teacher. Teacher's need apples, you know. There's only one. Because you're my teacher."
Most importantly, I've learned while studying at University:
Laugh when you feel like crying (It is quite a gift)
And appreciate the small stuff (also a gift).
So here's to sore muscles and green apples all in a days work.

Oh Miss Josie I hope you are feeling better today!
ReplyDeleteOuch...!
ReplyDeleteIf you remember those two things you'll do great as a teacher, promise.
So funny, miss. Josie hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteTegwen Bryan