Anyone who has ever grown up in NWO
or even has been here knows that summer lasts as long
as possible around here.
or even has been here knows that summer lasts as long
as possible around here.
And I intend to keep that up!
The feeling of summer here is simply magical.
It is just as busy, or busier (if that's even possible), than my time at University. But it's a good busy.
So! We went for a late-in-August fishing evening
with our friend and Branch President, Bob.
When I was a little girl, I rarely caught any fish.
This was solely because I viewed fishing as a social event,
full of snacks, talking and relaxing on the back on the boat in swimming attire. This time I was determined to catch some keepers.
I even put on my own minnows.
Now, that's a determined fisherlady.
(Even though I secretly hoped to catch a mermaid).
Our trip was full of funny, fishy moments.
Bob asked for me to toss him a minnow.
I threw a fierce upper-handed toss and that little minnow was the luckiest guy around. He flew right past Bob and into the lake behind the boat!
Later, we were going over to a new spot.
My sister was enjoying the summer moment...
When she realized that little line of hers
started dragging behind the boat somewhere
between point A and B.
Needless to say,
we each caught our limit after a few hours
and a few delicious treats
and
most enjoyable conversation...
And that little summer feeling
was most definitely still there.
The feeling of summer here is simply magical.
It is just as busy, or busier (if that's even possible), than my time at University. But it's a good busy.
So! We went for a late-in-August fishing evening
with our friend and Branch President, Bob.
When I was a little girl, I rarely caught any fish.
This was solely because I viewed fishing as a social event,
full of snacks, talking and relaxing on the back on the boat in swimming attire. This time I was determined to catch some keepers.
I even put on my own minnows.
Now, that's a determined fisherlady.
(Even though I secretly hoped to catch a mermaid).
Our trip was full of funny, fishy moments.
Bob asked for me to toss him a minnow.
I threw a fierce upper-handed toss and that little minnow was the luckiest guy around. He flew right past Bob and into the lake behind the boat!
Later, we were going over to a new spot.
My sister was enjoying the summer moment...
When she realized that little line of hers
started dragging behind the boat somewhere
between point A and B.
Needless to say,
we each caught our limit after a few hours
and a few delicious treats
and
most enjoyable conversation...
And that little summer feeling
was most definitely still there.
Good old, NWO. Makes me so happy.






Yes. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I could go fishing anywhere else or with anyone else. Looking forward to taking home some good eaters this weekend. LOTW forever!
ReplyDeleteSunny wrote that. Not Marc.
ReplyDelete