Halloween:
I've always loved to dress up.
I remember being a little girl and insisting one year on being the Little Mermaid-
I was so determined that I wore my little sequinned mermaid "belly shirt" on top of my snowsuit.
(Remember, I'm a Canadian girl. And Halloween usually equals lots of snow).
Now, I teach children who are about the same age as my Little Mermaid self. A few weeks ago, a student was struggling to take the lid off the paint. I dramatically opened it for him and he exclaimed, "Oh my goodness, Miss Christensen!
You should be the Hulk for Halloween!"
Sorry to disappoint, but I decided to arrive to my Kindergarteners looking like this lady...
I wore this costume from 9am-midnight.
I went to work, studied at the library, bought groceries, went to Dairy Queen...all as Dorothy.
My favourite part:
Everyone called me Dorothy, too. At the store, my room mate insisted on paying for my groceries...I was explaining to her that she didn't need to do that...and the Cashier man suddenly exclaimed,
"Quit arguing, Dorothy!"
I was talking to a another secretary from behind a desk earlier and she could only see my face and hair. The first words she spoke: "You are the cutest Dorothy ever!"
And the list goes on.
Maybe I should be Dorothy more often.
I wouldn't mind giving cute lions new hearts everyday.
...Or perhaps, I'll just embrace that Hulk idea.


You look adorable!! I love your dress :-) That's super funny about the Hulk comment lol :-)
ReplyDeletemegthecoolgirl.blogspot.com
Super cute!! I love the whole outfit, you do look good as Dorothy! :) I love little kids, they say the sweetest things!
ReplyDelete-Bridgette
http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com
I love that dress, so cute!
ReplyDelete-Melanie
P.S. I'm hosting a $50 Shabby Apple Giveaway on my blog, you should come check it out!
http://meandmr.com/post/35113285949/shabby-apple-50-giveaway
so cute as dorthy!
ReplyDeletexox
theoutfitaddiction.blogspot.com
JOSIE! I would most definitely LOVE seeing you as the Hulk, but you are the keeee-utest Dorothy I've ever seen! Plus, I'd love to have people pay for my groceries because I'm cute! ;)
ReplyDeleteBy-the-way, OF COURSE I'll swap buttons with you! Just added yours and it looks great! :)
Chevron & Lace
http://suedrew.blogspot.com