Wittenberg is wonderful. As soon saw we started to get closer I got more and more excited. Strange as it sounds- I was excited for how I'd feel in this little town of Wittenberg. As we got closer I loved seeing the forests of poplar trees and oaks with our ladies of the valley flowers at their trunks. It reminded me of home. And it felt good. So peaceful. Wittenberg is filled with potted plants in the windows and red and green leaves crawling up the colourful walls. It's also full of something special that cannot be explained- but rather felt. I can't wait to talk to my family in person about it and to write in my journal.
Tender moment of the day that will make you smile: I was invited to sit by a little German man at lunch today. He was by himself eating fried egg and potato. We talked to each other as best we could, took a photo and both knew we had become dear friends.
Carly-you are called the fairy godmother of the tour! We find so many delights with your notes! The potato house was so wonderful!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet Memories
-
▼
2010
(17)
-
▼
October
(6)
- Enjoy! Smile! "A smile is a beautiful thing. It ...
- "I remember thinking in school how I would grow up...
- London-"if you're tired of london then you're tire...
- Wittenberg is wonderful. As soon saw we started to...
- Today I did three possibly unexpected things. 1. A...
- Austria: lush green rolling hills, dense forests p...
-
▼
October
(6)
sounds like you are having a delightful time Josie dear!! It made me smile reading your story about your lunch with the little German man. I loved that he was eating a fried egg and potato! Keep having fun :)
ReplyDelete