Some of you may or may not know that I know both the King and Queen of Christmas and luckily on I am on relatively close terms with them. The King, Mr. Shaun Halley, happens to be my best friend and the Queen, Clarabelle is my dear little sister. Both are wonderful Christmas Ambassadors who count down to Christmas all year long. Every time I see them together they burst with a number "Only 119!" or "Only 38!" Take your pick, they will know every single day and they will be absolutely beaming as they share the great news. Sadly, I was not exactly the most put-together Christmas counter-sometimes they'd ask me and I'd blurt out a number, "366?"
Fail.
This is how'd they'd look at me. Disgust.
(Actually, this is Clarabelle pictured at my "Old Woman 20th birthday" and Shaun most likely begging me to tell him about my wonderful encounters with Donny Osmond's relatives).
Anyway, I have always dreamed that I'd someday become Christmas royalty. To my great surprise,
I have found my new love....
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS.
Oh, baby! I can't get enough.
Oh, baby! I can't get enough.
And not just lights, our yard is now officially covered in golden beads, ornaments and every extension cord found in my home. I LOVE shopping for lights in those lovely Christmas aisles. I love putting them up and then buying more lights.
And then buying some more lights.
And then buying some more lights.
The Queen and I put up lights for many a day while the King was on Christmas errands in New York City. Finally, we were done putting up lights in our pajamas on a very warm November morning possibly quite soon after Halloween.
![]() |
Pictured above: The King learning of my crowning. (Actually, Clarabelle and SJ taking their first peek of the Christmas book in the Summer. This is just what I picture my Christmas wish appearing as.) |
Overall, after all these shenanigans, I'm hoping my Christmas wish will come true. Clarabelle announced that since I found my new love, I will be crowned Princess of Christmas.
Oh my, Christmas Tree!
That would be swell.



No comments:
Post a Comment