Monday, June 27, 2011

Where, oh where, had Joelle gone??

Then...
Now...

 I first met Joelle at a pioneer picnic for my Church in Winnipeg. Her mother was searching far and wide for a friend for Joelle that was around the same age. She introduced me as "Chelsea" rather than Josie and Joelle and I have been dear friends ever since. Many people were puzzled as to how we could be best friends when we lived 2 and a half hours apart throughout highschool. We would smile. And then most likely laugh. 

Since that time, our lives have changed. I graduated and left for Idaho. Then a year later she graduated and left for Alberta. But we continued, mostly through mail, to be friends, sharing moments of our lives here and there, reminiscing of times past. It's funny how life does that.

No matter where you go, or how long it's been, there are always those people you feel connected to. There are those special people where you can see the simplest of things and be reminded of them. Or you can see nothing at all and think of them. 

Perhaps you even worry about them, or are happy for them or cry for them without even seeing them for months or even years. There the type of people you all of a sudden know they need a letter or a phone call or a prayer and you immediately do it. Then, you find out it's exactly what they need. I'm only 21 years young (Happy Birthday to me last week!), but I feel very practiced and yet unpracticed in these types of friendships. 

So Carly and I travelled from Joelle's dear Winnipeg to where my letters had flown and been driven many a time to the land of Alberta. 

After all, Absence makes the heart grow fonder. But presence makes the heart grow fondest.






It is a wonder how things carry on through life, if this type of sixth sense for another, if you may, lingers. I can't help but believe it does.That sure intent of wanting another to be happy. And maybe when we're 85 and life is close to being lived, I could only hope a postcard will fall upon the doorstep with a few memories and adventures.

2 comments:

  1. !!!!
    Oh Josie! I love love love it! What an exciting day it is to be featured on the blog of Ms. Josie! We will be friends until we are 85 and much longer.

    Life only gets better the older you get, don't ya know?
    love you!

    jo b

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely post Josie! Your pictures are so cute, and I love the dress you are wearing :)

    ReplyDelete