![]() |
| Home is where the summertime heart is. |
September. When although the weather is hot and skin is still tanned-it's when things begin to feel different. It's the time when summer seems to almost feel like a dream. When downtown is suddenly still and when boats are pulled from the water's edge, tired from a full summer of fun. This is when there's nothing else to do except believe it's September and look forward to the next June when the days are long and blooming. September doesn't mean to be so harsh. It wishes some would just slow down, look at the autumn sun and reminisce.
Earlier this summer we were shopping for groceries at Safeway. My mom was very excited for me to go to a particular line with a cute little boy with flowing hair. I told him, "You look a lot like Justin Bieber, you know." He was not too impressed...because apparently him and Justin are old pals. They played together on Lake of the Woods. And their parents once dated. Was I impressed? Very much so.
Now let's think back to a few semesters ago in Idaho. I had just made a nice and new acquaintance named Kyler-who I, for several weeks addressed at Tyler. While finishing a few dishes he said to me,"So, do you like Justin Bieber?" I was puzzled. "You know, Bieber Fever?" Then and there, I was officially introduced to Justin Bieber by Kyler Hudson, a fellow Canadian, and naturally became a dear friend to me as well. (Lucky for me, he even gave me some of Justin's greatest hits as a parting summer gift).
Sincerely and from the bottom of my heart, here comes a complete confession:
Justin Bieber is my guilty pleasure full of...blissfull bliss. Name a song and I will exclaim I love it. And that is partially why as I packed up my summer memories, I listened to those wonderful beats all day long.
![]() |
| Justin Bieber fan on the cliffs of Key's Lake |
The other part is quite simple: My two Justin Bieber memories are just so splendid, it makes me feel like serendipitous summer could go on forever.
And how fun is that?
So, thank you to Safeway boy for your looks and personality. Thanks to Kyler Hudson for your monumental introduction.
And thank you to summer.



haha beiber fever! I think everyone has a little bit of that in them :)
ReplyDelete-kira