Friday, February 15, 2013

Miss Heart.

At school today I was given a brand new name:
Miss. Heart. 
And I love, love, love it. 
 When we left the school today, 
the student teachers exclaimed:
"I feel like my whole body has went into shock from even watching the sugar intake today.
Let's talk about my first love.
Greg.
Grade 2.
Completely smitten.
When I got home from school on Valentines Day,
my older sister was looking through my valentines and gasped.
In the bottom right hand corner, 
ever so lightly and written in pencil,
Greg wrote, 
"I love you, Josie."
I was more smitten and loved him for at least a week. And a day.

Fast forward: 
Lunchroom duty with the grade twos.
 I asked boys and girls the same question:
"What do you like about Valentines Day?"
Girls:
"Everything."
Boys:
"Candy."
"I only like it when I have a girlfriend."
"I get to find out who likes me. That's nice."
"Everything except the love.
That's for grown ups and girls."
So without further ado, 
it looks like I'm qualified to talk about love.
 I mean, I am technically a grown lady and I just happen to be a "girl" and I also happen to love many very, very much.
 I'm a firm believer that hearts should always be opened. And to always love with a full, full heart. 
There is never a time when even the smallest bit of love is ever wasted.
Bighearted, sweet-hearted...
And learning to love for at least forever and a day.

(My dear friend Susan is having the cutest giveaway! Go see her cute things and enter before it's too late!)

5 comments:

  1. Youre hair is to die for!!

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair...it's perfect. I WANT it. Headed over to enter the giveaway now!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  3. your skirt is adorable!
    & your hair is gorgeoussssss
    just followed your cute blog (:

    -ariel
    AuteurAriel

    ReplyDelete