Before I got married, I literally dreamed of cooking for my husband. It sounds silly. Or even a bit cliché. But I did. I have always loved hosting friends and family. Especially when it involves preparing a meal. I love having people leave feeling nourished, in whatever way that might be at the time. It's always been therapeutic for me. I thought it sounded dreamy to cook for some future wonderful man that I loved-every single night. But, something has surprised me.
I absolutely love cooking for him but also with him. It's the simple, little things that I adore. I love preparing something beautiful and healthy for us to eat. I love searching the grocery store together for a authentically delicious meal we have in mind and making grocery lists and meal plans. Or sifting through the cupboards and getting really creative. I look forward to stopping by a fresh fruit & vegetable stand on the way home from work only to find the most delicious, fresh, colorful ingredients. I love all of those little things.
It's safe to say I married the most whimsical man there is. Last night, we ate our supper in our very tiny, cozy studio apartment. We talked about our days while we sat on our wildflower bedspread. Then to top off the evening, he came back from his run later that night and said, "Jos! A skunk was running beside me! And then later, a horse! And even a deer!"
Thank goodness for evenings such as these and for Ryan's dish man hands that always seem to do the dishes one hundred times faster than mine.
It's all quite dreamy.

No comments:
Post a Comment