Sunday, June 25, 2017

Chapter 5: Star People

"Star people are rare. In the beginning, stars supplied the ingredients that became us, the primordial elements. We are star stuff...And I think every once in a while someone comes along who is a little more primitive than the rest of us, a little closer to our beginnings, a little more in touch with the stuff we're made of...they do not shed tears, but light."
-Stargirl, Jerry Spinelli

Every now and again, I'll come across people who exude light. It's a kind of goodness that seems to burst from deep inside them. Sometimes it's in their eyes. Or in the way they speak. Or even how they treat the people around them. When you find a star person, hold on to them. Usually, I recognize it in their eyes. I saw it in my husband, Ryan, when I first met him. But day by day, moment by moment, I realize his light shines. It shines in every corner of my day. Whether it's the brightness of the noonday sun, the shine of each glittering star in the milky way on the darkest night, the full moon on a cold winter's night or the wispy coloured dance alongside the Northern Lights, I can feel the warmth and love of his light and goodness. I have, in actuality, found my Star Boy and I'm holding on with both hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment