Thursday, February 3, 2011


"In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance."


-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Have you ever lost something and as hard and as much as you possibly look for it-the item is gone! Lost within the Universe? Maybe it was your hairbrush, or possibly a journal with many secrets or maybe it's your favourite teapot. Whatever it is, we've all had that sinking, crushing feeling of items lost and very much hoping to be found again. Somehow. Someday!

Well, I lost my Golden Clutch.



Yeah, so just my debit card, credit card, money, apartment key, temple recommend, I-Card, drivers license, health card and even some gift cards for Jamba Juice.

No big deal. Right?

Well, remember that little tidbit that I am Canadian and that I currently reside in a different place than Canada. Idaho to be exact. Far from my family and far from my bank.

So what did I do?
I searched. And then searched some more. I asked everyone I knew. In the meantime, I found Christmas money stashed in my room. I savoured each dollar. And joked I should probably become a beggar in the Hart Building on campus. On a serious note, I prayed in the morning, at night, while walking to school and with my roommates. I checked the lost and found maybe many times in just a few days.


Then on February 2nd, 2011-
Relief, relief, relief!
I was so excited to be reunited!!!



So never fear-
this little student in Idaho will carry on
...and may even go buy some more groceries in celebration of the finding of this Gold Gem. Oh, and I'm also going to send out these Valentines Packages that have been patiently waiting in my room for quite some clutch-less time.


On another happy note-I arrived to my apartment to this:

My dear, sweet roommate Anne, with so much love in her heart, did this for me when I was running late coming  
back from school!
  




 I was so surprised- I squealed. Alot.


Lesson of today: Follow your instincts. Pray always-remember prayers are always heard and most often answered through other people. And never believe that something that's lost or maybe just a bit untidy can't ever be recovered.




(Be sure to go to the bottom of the page and pause the background blog music before playing this lovely video!)

1 comment:

  1. Your bedroom is beautiful. I like the paintings on the wall. I like the tinkly white lights. I want to visit you in Idaho someday.

    ReplyDelete