Guatemala is beautiful!!
The people we have met are so tender hearted...and gorgeous! I love thir colourful clothing with detailed fabrics all handmade stitch by stitch.
Yesterday we were in Antiqua. In the morning we visited a macadamia nut plantation. There we met a guatamalan woman whom I loved. Everyday she uses an outdoor washroom that is completely surrounded by thick flowers. She was wearing all different styles at once and when she got excited she'd quickly switch from english to very fast spanish. She loves guatamala and she loves and cares for the earth in her little corner of the woods.
When we were leaving she said,
"I am so excited you study education. The people need education. Educate the people. Teach them to love the earth and love themselves. Enjoy eveey minute of what you study and where you study. Most people will never have either of those opportunities. You are very lucky."
Now we are headed to the jungles of tikal!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet Memories
-
▼
2011
(65)
-
▼
May
(7)
- Mama on her birthday in Nauvoo, Illinois last ye...
- "Well! Here am I as your radio girl! It's a lovel...
- Love is something if you give it away, Give it awa...
- If you were to eat in the woods on a Sunday-Mothe...
- We are traveling home from the lovely land of guat...
- We are staying literally in the jungle. Outside th...
- Guatemala is beautiful!! The people we have met a...
-
▼
May
(7)
What a wonderful story! It sounds like you are having a delightful time! I love reading about your adventures :)
ReplyDelete