Monday, May 2, 2011

We are staying literally in the jungle. Outside there are all sorts of mysterious noises. The power goes off at 10 and everyone wakes up before sunrise to travel to the ruins to see the sun rise!

Today we climbed to the top of a ruin. It was very high, up steps that seemed as if they were a ladder...on the top we were taking photos. It was seriously ridiculously high. I felt my heart racing a bit. But it was beautiful. So there I was sitting on the edge of a ruin taking a photo when my dad heard a buzz near his ear. There was a bees nest, which he is highly allergic to! We quickly moved our photo location. One time, when I was a little girl, something very similar happened while picking blueberries in Canada! I was six and wondered how I would ever make it home from the bush. Imagine how I would ever get home from the jungles of Guatemala!! Age 6 or age 20, bees and my dad of kind of a tricky situation everytime! We were glad to make it safely down, with such a dramatic story from on top.


We walked back through the forest in the dark. There were fireflies dancing through the trees, Bright, huge fireflies. I told my dad they must be faires!

It is so magical here.

2 comments:

  1. I like the fairies in the tree! Glad your and your Dad escaped from those bees! Miss you dearly dear. So happy that you are having a magical time <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so magical! I'm glad that your Dad is okay! I can't wait to see those pictures!

    ReplyDelete