Friday, July 1, 2011

Happiest Birthday, dear Canada!!!
July 1st, 1867. 
A great day, if I've ever heard of one.
To celebrate I enjoy:
Red and white strawberry shortcake
Dressing up as Minnie Mouse
Singing the anthem (1/2 English and bits and pieces of 1/2 French)
Wearing my white shoes 
Seeing the cute bikes in the bike rodeo
Live music in Keewatin
Fireworks on the water

But mostly, I love being in Canada and doing whatever magical thing that comes about on our big day
(Like a lovely drive with Poppy and Clara at 6am to Rainy River)
Clarabelle, Lilo (the winner) and I at last year's parade
Speaking of birthdays-this week we celebrated Lilo and Stitch's day with Clara's annual tuna cake for the kitties and presents! There's nothing quite like a sibling birthday party! Of course, Lilo is quite a Diva, but as the pictures show, Stitch is much more reserved and could do without such fuss on his birthday.
Here's Lilo's brand new dress (she wears one each and every day), perfect for sharing her birthday week with not only Stitch, but Canada, too! 
I hope your day brings much Canadian-Birthday-like happiness!

3 comments:

  1. hahaah I just love your family Josie! You're cats are quite cute, it gave me a bit of a chuckle seeing them dressed!
    -kira

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaPpY CaNaDa dAy!!!!!!!! I sure do love you! I enjoy reading your blog.... it inspires me everyday! I hope all is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!!!! your kitty is so funny!! they r so fat!!!

    Hunghung

    ReplyDelete