Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Seventeenth of May.

Norway day!

My family, thank goodness, has Norwegian-Viking blood within us. So! We celebrate this delicious holiday. We went to the
cutest house where the cutest woman resides. She is from Norway and honestly, just entering her home made my heart swim with memories of Europe. I am not only part Norwegian...I also understand some Norwegian! Today our exchange student said, 
(In Norwegian), "Josie pretends she understands Norwegian."
Then I said, "Jens! Don't tell her I pretend to understand Norwegian!"
He looked shocked!
What can I say, 
I'm a woman of many languages.

Although I did loooooove the heart-shaped waffles and simply decadent cake...my favourite parts were as follows:
-My Grandma's exchange student, Jens, singing the Anthem. I love Anthems, and how I feel when I sing the Canadian Anthem. It was very special to see someone else sing of their dear country from far, far away.
-The wonderful hospitality of our Norwegian friend who hosted us today. Clara had to go teach piano and I just mentioned I'd take her some food. She insisted on filling an entire platter of all of your delicious deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment