First of all, since when did I turn into such a grown woman!
The answer is: When I became a
summertime choir director.
My first warm-up included speaking all the lyrics in a Julia Child accent.
I remember one particular practice where we were discussing a four-part chord. Some of the singers were nervous about hitting the wrong note. I said, "No worries! It's only 2 beats! So, if it is wrong, who cares! It will be over before you know it."
They burst out laughing.
Music to my ears.
When I got dressed for our performance this morning,
I decided I need to look the part.
So, here we are.
We performed, "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing."
And ladies and gentlemen,
There hasn't been a choir in our branch for 31 years!
They sounded wonderful,
and I was so glad to direct them.
There was one criteria to join:
Come to practice!
And then! Follow these guidelines:
1. Always remember everyone can sing. And was made to!
2. Never sing so loud that you can hear the person beside you.
3. If you don't have anything nice to say, to yourself or another choir member, don't say anything at all.
4. Sing out! Smile!
5. If you loose track, just move your mouth or hum!
Blazer: Suzy Shier
Maxi: DI (Old choir dress, $2)
Belt: Suzy Shier
Butterfly Blouse: Old Navy





I think everyone should have this type of personality regardless of calling :)
ReplyDeleteI like the rules you made :) and I love your outfit! Very choir-esk! Yes, I just created a new word. Miss you <3
ReplyDeleteI love the cobalt blue blazer, you look so cute! I would love for you to come link up to my Sunday Style linky party :)
ReplyDeleteCute blog girly! Love it. I am your newest follower.
ReplyDeleteFollow me at:bridgettenicole.blogspot.com