Sunday, October 14, 2012

Good Days.

Sometimes you meet the most inspiring people
so out of the blue-
All you can do is take that moment and appreciate them.
For instance, while shopping for a coats a JC Penney on Friday...
We met a wonderful woman named Carolee.
She was our cashier.
And she struck me as someone who is quite literally heaven-set.
So in tune and confident.
It went like this:
While waiting for my card to go through...
My dear friend Karla asked, 
"So, how's your day going?"
"Oh! I always have a good day."
This caught us so off guard.


Carolee was simply inspiring, in what was that?
 7ish words?

I mean, we all know some days are not very good at all-
Nightgown days are what I call them.
When you want to snuggle up
and just be done.
And, you know, Carolee has had days like that, too.
It's life.
But the fact that she did not regard any of those days as not being good...That's gratitude.
For each day...no matter what.
That is the type of woman I want to be.
I hope we can all be as inspiring to those around this week.
And every week.
Just like Carolee.
(And I thought all I'd find in JC Penney's was a cute, new coat).
Good days to be had all around.
Oh, and be sure to read this

Pencil Skirt/Belt: Target
Black Shirt: Forever 21
Tan Wedges: Target
Glasses: Warby Parker
(I'm over here at Sunday Style!)

6 comments:

  1. Love your pencil skirt Jo! Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is cute! And that's a great story from JC Penney's...I love meeting random strangers who are memorable like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story and a reminder to be grafetul for every.single.day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this skirt! The color is awesome!
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Josie! So random, but I was looking at other blogs and came across yours. Just thought I'd let you know that I love your style, and Sam says hi!

    Kaeli
    The Broadcloth

    ReplyDelete