Sunday, December 4, 2011

For Thanksgiving we went to the most....amazing, peaceful place. Nauvoo, Illinois. This is a quaint little town that used to be a large city in the early 1800's. The people from my Church were driven to the swampy, deserted place-and they built Nauvoo, "The City Beautiful." Just years later, they were driven away again and had to leave Illinois and make the harsh winter trek to Utah. What did they leave? Everything-their homes, workplaces and even their temple. Everything except one thing-Their Faith.
That came with them. That's something that once you have it, it's always there even in the hardest of times.


There are several things that I cherish in my life. They are things I don't only believe, but things I know. From my experience, there is a time in everyone's life where they need and want to find truth. It's the time when they want to know what to do in this life and how to make it the most worthwhile. I had this time in my life. The only way to find what you are looking for is to look for it! So, that's what I did. I looked, I read, I prayed and I found it. I am Mormon because I made the choice to be. And I love sharing it-as it is who I am to the deepest extent possible.


I know that I am a daughter of Heavenly Father, a creation of the master creator of the Universe. Everything good comes from Him. I know I have great things that I have promised to do before I even came to this Earth. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of me, hears my prayers, knows my name. He is a loving father.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet at the time of Nauvoo and that we now have a prophet today, Thomas S. Monson, who will guide and direct us. I know there is hope in the darkest corner of my life and that through Jesus Christ's Atonement, I can be forgiven for the most hopeless and dreary situations and that my plea of heartache or any other emotion will be understood. I know that I will be tied to my family forever, even in the eternities. I know that the Book of Mormon is true because I simply read it and prayed about it and through this book, 
I have known the truth of all of these things.

I know they are true. And what happiness and pure joy that gives me. I hope in your quest for truth that you will have the courage to think past what you've always known and open your mind and your heart. Finding truth is worth it. 

3 comments:

  1. You guys are so great! Thanks for playing with our kids and taking care of them so we could go to the temple, Josie. It was a lot of fun to be in Nauvoo with you. Wish we could have stayed a whole week. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say that I will be pilfering all of your very good photos. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun that you guys got to go to Nauvoo! Lovely post and beautiful testimony. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life as well and that I have found truth. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete