This evening while walking home in the frigid Idaho wind, a tumbleweed blew exactly across my path. This is what I immediately thought,
"Why am I in Idaho, anyway?"
Don't get me wrong, it is wonderful here-but that is the true, honest thought that passed by. Really, a little lady such as I, has quite a few options at this adventurous time of life. I don't need to be here to get an education. I could be anywhere with planning and effort. And somehow, through a series of intricate events,
here I am.
Does this make me want to run with the wind and transfer to BYU-Hawaii or go drive tour buses in Alaska?
Not quite.
The reasons I am here, I'm thinking and have found, have very little to do with getting a university degree. There are layers and layers of reasons, of people I need to meet, of things I need to say- Maybe 5 minutes from now or maybe when I accidently bump into someone on the crosswalk tomorrow morning. Whenever and whoever-
they all need to happen
they all need to happen
here.
I thought of Tuesday's devotional (Suzette Gee) (which was amaaaazing)
"We must remember those mortals in parking lots, offices, elevators and elsewhere are that portion of mankind God has given us to love and to serve...Just think of the number of people on this earth you will never meet. Doesn’t it seem likely that those we do meet are more than mere coincidences or inconviences? They are the people that God would have us learn to love and serve."
It looks like I am here, and you are there and for now,
it's exactly where we need to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment