Going through airport security, it was just the same as always.
Barefoot and liquid-less.
But, this time, before I was allowed through, I was called aside to stand on a little inspection mat.
First she asked me if I had anything around my ankles or in my socks.
Second she said,
"Ma'am, I'm going to have to check your ponytail."
(my bun on the top of my head).
So, we went right ahead.
First she poked my bun.
Then she twisted it.
Then she pushed on it.
Finally, she said I was okay.
I was okay. But my bun wasn't.
A new meaning to "messy bun," perhaps?
I would never imagine twisting and pulling another lady's bun!
All in the name of safety, I guess.
I never knew my bun looked
so dangerous...
Strangely, enough, my bun was checked, but there wasn't even a question about my large, potentially spiky bubble umbrella.
All day long I've been swinging it back and forth, and accidentally bumping people while walking by in the aisle.
Lesson of the day:
Mary Poppins and her magic umbrella would most definitely be granted air travel.
Tinkerbell and her big, ol' bun? Never.

No comments:
Post a Comment