Monday, July 16, 2012

Polka Dot Panties.

There I was sitting in church wearing my favourite 
yellow skirt.
Things were just peachy.
When suddenly, out of nowhere, I had a sinking feeling.
I thought back to the morning when we were a bit rushed.
I thought back to the time when I thought, "I'll just finish doing up those buttons in the car." I thought back to the moment I sat down on a church chair without a back. I thought of the moment when I turned around to say hello to those behind me.
But mostly, I thought of the moment when I put on my favourite polka-dot, floral, lace-top panties
to match that morning.
I love matching with my outfit of course.
"Maybe I had done up all the buttons," 
I hoped silently in my chair.
After whispering to Clara to look over 
discretely and check...
To my horror she started to giggle.I turned around and my cousins were quietly giggling, too.After a quick trip to the ladies room, the three mid-section buttons were finally done up. And afterwards all those people who sat behind me assured me,
"It wasn't that bad."
"It kind of looked like a part of your skirt at first."
"Really, we only saw a little bit of them."
"At least those were cute."
"At least you were wearing some."
And last but not least, 
"Too bad it's the only day in your life you forget to wear a slip!"
Later that afternoon, 
on our way to an 80th birthday party,
 ridiculous events continued...
While passing by "Graphic Lake," I mention the interesting name of the lake to those in the car, they all look, and at that very moment, see a man-literally at that moment, drop his pants.

Stop for a break from driving...my sister's tidying the car and finds an old piece of beef jerky. She tosses it over her shoulder and it flies through the open window of a neighbouring car. The child in the backseat eats it. The mother glares at us but says nothing.

A motorcycle motioned for us to pass. As we do, all the 
little girls are talking about the bike and the man's hair flowing through the wind. One of them calls out, "Oh my! That man is holding on real tight. Really, really tight...to that lady's bum!"

Sounds pretty ridiculous, yes?
Oh well. 
What's a girl to do? 


Skirt: Betty Page (Romper Set), Tee: Old Navy, Flats: Zellers

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit! This skirt is so cute, but unfortunately showing undies (no matter how cute) is never fun!

    I have to admit I have gone through all of your archives. I love the outfits you put together and the fairy camp is amazing!

    I have been trying to figure out how short you are? I am 5'3, but you look super petite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oh poor jo! It was even more funny to hear you tell me that story. that's the worst!!

    ReplyDelete