Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Darling DI Dresser.

This week was full of settling back in at BYU-Idaho. 
My mom and I went on a much needed trip to DI.
(When is this sort of trip not needed?)
As soon as we entered the store I saw the 
most darling dresser
across the store.
In that moment, another woman snatched it.
Being the lady I am, 
I casually went over to her and asked,
"Oh, hi...Are you sure you really want that?"
She looked at me and said, 
"Yep."
So, I continued shopping and tried to forget about that darling dressing.
That is until she was right in front of us at the cashier.
I solemnly watched her pay and walk out.
When I went to my car,
 there she was putting that dresser in her car.
So, being the lady I am,
I walked over to her and said, 
"Are you sure you really, really want that?"
She told me how she knew I loved it.
Then she told me she was going to paint it anyways (gasp!)
And then she told me I could have it.
I gave her a little extra money for it...
Because she was 
so generous, after all.
Now, that little gem sits in my apartment.
A teacup up top, 
journals stacked high
 and my pink guitar leaning beside. mmmm.
My darling DI Dresser teaches us one thing, thrifters,
It's not over 'till it's over.

(Are you still melting by it's cuteness?!)

1 comment:

  1. That dresser is awesome! Lucky! I just bought a desk from the thrift store and I love it! It even came with a little chair :)

    ReplyDelete