Tuesday, January 1, 2013

10, 9, 8...

The most exciting 10 seconds of the year must be prior to midnight New Years Eve.
 Party hats, noise makers and the excitement to hug and kiss those you love...
 Everyone is so excited for the new year in those seconds. No one is thinking of the hard thing they have to do tomorrow or the next day. No one is thinking of that trials may come. They are celebrating exactly what it is, no strings attached. 
Purely a new, fresh start. 
So, here I am waiting for my plane to Salt Lake City where I begin my adventure Student Teaching tomorrow. 
I can't help but think those customs guys at the airport must see at least 95% of those who come through crying. 
It's completely contagious.
 And as I wait at my gate everyone is talking about their "cabin on the lake," and their wonderful Canadian holidays. 
And it makes my heart swell a bit.
 In the meantime, 
2012 taught me much more than I have ever imagined.
It was good and very hard. 
Actually, the hardest yet.
I'm certainly not the same lady as before.
So, here's to 2013. 
And making those 10 seconds last.

5 comments:

  1. Darlin, you have a way with words. This year has been a hard one for me, too. But if you don't see it yet, you will soon. The light at the end of the tunnel. And the amazing way you look at the hard times and be thankful.
    Happy New Year. Excited to hear all about your student teaching experiences!

    amanda @ we and serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get so home sick for the south living out in Utah for school. The most bizarre thing has been coming back and seeing how much my perception and I have changed. I still love it here, but it feels a little less like home than it had before.

    Good luck student teaching! It was the best and worse of times for me, but I learned SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie, Good luck with your student teaching! I konw you will be an amazing teacher and your students are so lucky to have you. I feel very lucky to have been your roommate and will miss seeing you every day! The apartment won't be the same without you Josie Pye!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! Best of luck with your student teaching! Is that you in the last picture?? So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josie, I love that you wrote, And heres to making those 10 seconds last. It is so true that things are rough and in those few seconds everything is fresh and a new start. I hope student teaching is amazing and I miss having you here!

    ReplyDelete