Sunday, January 20, 2013

Patience is...

Patience is...Calm endurance.

I'm learning a thing or two about being patient in all sorts of areas in my life. 
...It's one thing to be patient with others.

But a complete different endeavour to be patient with myself.
I've been sick today. 
Nothing serious, just a little sickness caught from the school children. I've spent a few days resting on and off, but today it hit me hard. I literally had to lay in my bed all day long (which is very hard for me)...
especially on Sunday, my favourite day. I spent the day reading, catching up with old friends (mostly my main man sleep) and watching Kate and Leopold among other favourites.

I had lots of time to think. Many times today I started to remember and eventually miss some of those I love dearly. I missed them so much it made my heart began to ache.
...So, I got up. Lysol-ed the apartment and ate some ice cream.

Then I remembered that it's okay to rest. 
It's okay to miss.
It's okay to wait.
 But it's very best
to live in the moment and remember those who are here right now, too.

As the sunset, the doorbell rang and
a box of oranges, a book, chocolates, water, and brand new lysol arrived at my door.

Patience. 

Patience is...calm endurance. 

4 comments:

  1. Josie, I am sorry you have been sick but I love your blog post as always. You always find the good in everything, even being sick. I hope you are feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable post. i am sorry you are sick i think its going around! feel better! and enjoy the day off! xoxo chlo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience is such a good trait--but it can be a hard one to cultivate, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you start feeling better! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete